PIP-UK is proud to announce our membership to Rare Disease UK. We’re looking forward to a partnership that will help us with our continued work to create awareness about Poland Syndrome. We were amazed at these facts… did you know this?
- 1 in 17 people will be affected by a rare disease at some point in their life.
- This amounts to approximately 3.5 million people in the UK.
- 75% of rare diseases affect children and 30% of rare disease patients will die before their 5th birthday.
- There are over 6,000 recognised rare diseases.
- Collectively rare diseases are not rare.
Rare Disease UK (RDUK) is the national alliance for people with rare diseases and all who support them. We believe that everyone living with a rare disease should be able to receive high quality services, treatment and support.